Moving can be an exciting adventure, and can also be a stressful time – so we’ve got moving hacks for your local moves. Follow these moving hacks for local moves to make your next move smooth and stress-free.
There are many ways to make your move more manageable, efficient, and cost-effective. This article has compiled a list of 101 moving hacks to help you save time, energy, and money during your local move.
- Declutter before you start packing to reduce the number of things you need to move.
- Use a moving checklist to stay organized.
- Pack an essential box containing all the items you’ll need right away when you arrive at your new home.
- Label all boxes with the contents and the room they belong to.
- Use color-coded labels to make unpacking easier.
- Use bubble wrap or packing paper to wrap fragile items.
- Use clothes and towels to wrap fragile items instead of buying extra packing materials.
- When disassembling furniture, use small plastic bags to organize screws and other small parts.
- Pack books and other heavy items in smaller boxes to make them easier to carry.
- Use a rolling suitcase to move heavy items, like books and shoes.
- Use plastic wrap to keep dresser drawers and cabinet doors closed during the move.
- Take photos of electronic devices before unplugging them to make reassembling them easier.
- Use a dish towel to wrap sharp knives for added protection.
- Use a trash bag to protect mattresses during transport.
- Use a shoe organizer to pack small items like cleaning supplies, tools, and toiletries.
- Use a vacuum sealer to compress bulky items like comforters and pillows.
- Use your suitcases to pack clothes, shoes, and other essentials.
- Use stretch wrap to keep furniture drawers closed during the move.
- Use egg cartons to pack small items like jewelry, screws, and bolts.
- Use a bungee cord to secure things like chairs and luggage to the roof of your car.
- Use a shower cap to cover the bottoms of the shoes to keep them clean during the move.
- Use a garment bag to pack clothes on hangers.
- Use a hanger to hang clothes in the car during transport.
- Use foam noodles to protect the edges of tables and other furniture.
- Use a pool noodle to protect the edges of your car doors during loading.
Moving Day Hacks
- Use furniture sliders to move heavy furniture quickly.
- Use a hand truck to move heavy boxes and appliances.
- Use a dolly to move large items like sofas and mattresses.
- Use a cart to move boxes and other items around your home.
- Use plastic wrap to protect couches and other furniture during the move.
- Use a mattress cover to protect your mattress during transport.
- Use a furniture pad to protect furniture during transport.
- Use a moving blanket to protect large items during transport.
- Use a sheet or blanket to protect artwork during transport.
- Use a bungee cord to secure boxes and other items in your car.
- Use a rope to secure items to a trailer or truck bed.
- Use a rubber band to keep doors and drawers closed during transport.
- Use a tension rod to secure items in the back of a truck.
- Use a towel or blanket to protect TV screens during transport.
- Use a blanket or sheet to protect mirrors during transport.
- Use a strap to secure furniture to the truck bed or trailer.
- Use a moving box as a makeshift desk by flipping it upside down and placing a board on top.
How to Make Your Local Move Easier?
Moving is always challenging, no matter how near or far you are moving. But when it comes to local moves, planning and executing them efficiently can be easy. So whether you are moving to a new house or an apartment, here are some tips to make your local move easier:
Start Planning Early
The key to making any move smoother is to start planning early. You can list all the tasks that need to be done, such as packing, finding a moving company, notifying your utility companies, and changing your address. It will help you keep track of everything that needs to get done and ensure you remember everything.
Hire a Reputable Moving Company
If you are hiring a moving company for your local move, research and choose a reputable one. You can ask for recommendations from friends and family, read reviews online, and check their licenses and insurance. Professional Santa Cruz movers can make your move hassle-free and help you save time and effort.
Declutter Your Home
Before you start packing, take some time to declutter your home. It will help you get rid of unnecessary items and reduce the amount of stuff you need to pack and move. In addition, you can donate, sell, or give away items you no longer need or use.
Packing can be the most time-consuming task when it comes to moving. Make sure to pack your items efficiently to save time and effort. You can label your boxes with the contents and room they belong to, use bubble wrap or newspaper to wrap fragile items, and pack heavier items at the bottom of the box.
Take Care of Your Valuables
Ensure you take care of your valuables, such as jewelry, important documents, and electronic devices. You can pack and carry them separately during the move to avoid damage or loss.
Notify Your Utility Companies
Remember to notify your utility companies, such as electricity, water, gas, and internet, about your move. You can inform them of your moving date and new address to avoid missing any bills or payments.
Change Your Address
Finally, change your address with your bank, credit card companies, and other vital organizations. It will ensure you receive your mail at your new address and ensure everything runs smoothly.
Moving can be stressful, but with proper planning and execution, you can make it easier. By following these tips, you can ensure that your local move goes smoothly and efficiently.
A local move can be made easier by starting the planning process early, hiring a reputable moving company, decluttering your home, packing efficiently, taking care of your valuables, notifying your utility companies, and changing your address.
With these tips, you can reduce the stress and hassle of moving and ensure everything goes smoothly. So, whether you’re moving to a new house or apartment, remember to plan and make the most of the resources available.if you’re still unsure, you can hire our Santa Cruz local movers to help you.
2234 Thomas Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95062, USA